View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
amberWA
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Should I consider this puppy?

Hi everyone,

I have been talking to a woman that just had puppies 3 weeks ago. I really like the girl puppy. She told me today that she wants $950 for her. She lives 2 hours away and wants me to come down this week to put a deposit. The puppy will be CKC registered. She is not AKC. I guess both parents are AKC but the mom's tranfer paperwork wasn't signed so she can't transfer it to her name. So, the litter isn't AKC. Anyways, the puppy comes with full rights which is something I am seeking. I have seen pictures of both parents and I love them. However, I have a few issues. First of all, we are moving in 3-4 months (across the state) so I don't know if it is ideal now or wait until after the move. This puppy will be ready to go in 5 weeks. I really wanted an AKC dog, but I guess I can settle. I don't know if the price is good or not. I know yorkies are expensive, I am willing to pay up to $1500 for the perfect one (from a great breeder) but I don't know if $950 is right for a non-AKC dog. Hmmmm. What do you all think? Should I go look at it and pay the deposit or should I wait until I find another one that is AKC and that will be ready after I move? I need advice since I can't seem to look past how cute it is and how I want it NOW! I just don't want to make a mistake and I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. Any advice?
amberWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!