Thread: Grrr...
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
monica20
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles View Post
My husband and I are both college students and we have plenty of time to spend with Marty. We both have full class loads of 15-18 hours/week (some of which are internet courses that we do from home) and we each work a campus job for 6 hours a week. That's much less time away from home than a full time job would require. As for money, we had a great savings account from both of us working full-time for a year before we started college and spending very little money that wasn't necessary. Also, we both get grants and I have an amazing scholarship that gives us several thousand dollars each semester. We are bringing in well more than we absolutely need in order to take care of our Yorkie and ourselves.

I, too, get tired of hearing that college students can't or shouldn't have pets. I feel that because of our flexible college schedules, we are able to spend much more time with Marty than someone who works a full-time job. In fact, Marty has been trained to do about 12 different tricks on top of the normal behavioral commands (such as stay, come here, etc.). That could not have been accomplished if we didn't have enough time to spend with him. He also gets all of the vet visits that he needs, has plenty to eat, tons of toys and clothes, and anything else that a normal dog should have.
great post :]
i too have a lot of help with my boyfriend he takes online classes, and he works on the days i am off and vice versa. i work 16 hours a week at the gym at my college.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!