View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 AM   #7
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSY_RN2B View Post
People can surrender their pets..........no questions asked. They are asked to donate but if they cannot.........we still take the animal.

However, many people are 'cowards' and drop them off in the middle of the night. We come in to find boxes of animals in the cold or heat

My Kiro (cat) is a rescue and I am forever grateful the the CT humane society
That IS the cowards way out....

I had cats and all mine came from shelters - I remember at 16 getting one and only having 10 bucks and donated it - but I can see how the cost adds up....It's so important to have people like YOU Jess....that sounds like one I could handle...I know I couldn't work in a shelter that kills pets daily and here in houston - that's just what they do at our big one. GOOD for you doing this. IF I were well off financially I would do it - I know I would.....

and Yorkie3 - that's really great info - & taking your son is really teaching him a big life lesson....

now THAT is something I could do and think I'll see if the one close to me lets people do that...I've dropped stuff off for the dogs but have never gone all the way inside... I'm too chicken & cry too easily these days
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!