View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #11
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese1 View Post
Well yesterday we thought she just had a stomach bug, but she continued to vomit starting early in the morning and we had to return to the vet. They did x-rays, blood work, etc.. and she had a blockage. They were worried at first that it was pancreatitis because she had blood in her stools, but that all came back negative. They gave her an enema and barium and fortunately she was able to pass everything.
The vet said her stool had all kinds of bits of different things, most likely from her different toys, small strings, fleece bits, hair, etc.. I just posted yesterday that we had learned about the danger of toys with strings and sure enough that came true today. She just couldn't pass anything because all of this had built up and there was a possibility of surgery if the treatments didn't work since this would become life threatening.
She's home, but she's had a really trying day and she's very sore, tired and just not feeling too well! It's so sad when they are so sick, you feel so helpless!
I hope everyone realizes the danger with all these toys, it sure has opened our eyes!
Please keep Wrigley in your thoughts and prayers!
thanks for bringing this up! I had a friend whos cat needed surgery bc it swallowed yarn from toys... and another friend whos dog needed surgery for blockage, and they found a rope toy ripped apart and entwined around his intestines! How sad and painful for the dog! I try to warn people all the time to watch out for rope toys. My dogs don't have them either. how scarey! I hope Wrigley is feeling a bit better!
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!