View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #10
fourdez
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn_V View Post
www.ShadowCreekKennels.com

The above link is to Shadow Creek Kennels website. This is where I found my lil girl Pixie!

Pam Martin and her husband John Martin have been amazing people to work with! I searched high and low for what I felt was a good and honest breeder. I had a very clear picture in my mind of what that meant and Pam fit it to a "T". Every interaction with her has been very informative and polite. She has gone above and beyond to pair me up with my special companion.

After my vet visit today I just had to write a recommend for her!

I would like to share with you his "compliments to the breeder". This breeder did everything right! This is one of the most complete charts I have ever seen on a first visit! This breeder used one of the best wormers, not the cheep stuff! The dewclaws were done very nicely, very clean. Tail docked perfectly. Pup's bone structure is very nice. Great coat! Nice ears and sweet but very alert eyes. Stool was perfect! Microchip read was a match to the reg paperwork. Breeder must practice good flea control, skin is very nice and healthy. Nails trimmed at the right length. He went on and on and on! He said that this breeder really followed a good vac schedule and covered everything! All that Pixie needed was Heartworm Prevention and advantage for the booming flea population we have in California. All in all he was very impressed with her! "A fine representation of her breed" he said. And asked that we evaluate her at 8 months and 1 year for future breeding or a spay, depending on how she progresses.

Let me just tell you a little about my dealings with Pam and John.... I inquired via her website and she responded within a couple of days. I asked for more detailed pictures and she sent them. I loved what I saw and I sent a deposit. I learned about a past pup from her Kennel who had liver shunt and I discussed it with her. Knowing that each story has two sides and learning that the Sire of the LS pup had been neutered and removed from her breeding program and that this was the only pup ever produced by her that has had a problem, I decided to stick with her and refused her offer to refund my deposit. I searched for other unhappy buyers and NONE could be found... I was convinced that she really is as amazing as I had thought. I asked her to hold my pup as I wanted to wait until after the holidays to bring her home. She was more than happy to accommodate me. Holding the pup meant giving more Vaccinations, more care, more food, more grooming, and even a rabies vac as she was 4 months when I was ready for her. All of this takes time and money. Pam did not ask for a cent! The price of 1,400.00 did not go up with my request, even though her cost of raising this pup did! I was again impressed! I flew out to get her! Pam and John had to drive 3 1/2 hours to the airport to meet me... They left the night before and got a room so they would not miss me in the am when I landed... She had everything! Paperwork, rabies tag and doc's, a cert of health from the vet, she had a tube of nutrical and a blanket. She had tears in her eyes when she left and looked like it really hurt her to give that pup up... but she was so very excited for me! It was bitter sweet! I loved it! Her and her husband then fought through a long drive home made longer by the weather, it snowed the whole way. She asked me to call as soon as I arrived safely home. I did. I left a message and that was not good enough, she had to call me back and talk to me... she was so concerned and wanted to make sure she had pooped and peed, and was ok after such a long trip. Pixie was fine and I was thrilled! Pam really cares about her pups!

I have asked Pam and John to add a page to their website, one where myself and other happy customers could write letters and post pictures. I would like to include my contact info so any future buyers looking at her website can feel free to call me at home or write me an email. I will give a glowing recommendation to any who inquire! Pam and John have earned it! They love their dogs and produce healthy pups that are very well cared for! I myself feel lucky to have bought from them!

A big thank you to Pam and John for my little Pixie! 2lbs 6ozs at 16 weeks! She is a happy, healthy, sweet little doll! A great product of a well run breeding program!
Hi: I am looking for a little boy or girl and I'm having a hard time finding one that isn't going for $5000 and up. I tried going to the web address for your breeder but its not coming up.. it says there an error. Do you have their phone number?? Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!