View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #9
JessiNY
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default looking for a yorkie

i'm also looking for a "teacup" yorkie, a pup that's 6 lbs or less and my prob is not finding one cause there's so many all over NY, my prob is the $$. don't want to spend over $500 and all these pet shops are asking for atleast $1500. does anyone know of a place i can go to? i live in long island but willing to even drive to jersey if i have to. somebody please help.

Jessi
punjabimehak@aol.com

QUOTE=BamaFan121s;984129]Actually, there is no 4 pound minimum...a common misconception...the standard is simply 'under 7 pounds.' I didn't mean to come accross as rude...reading back over what I wrote, that's how it kind of sounded. "Smaller" yorkies can to have more problems health wise (as in injuries). You just have to be cautious because there are lots of people out to make a quick buck off of these "tiny" dogs and what is best for them is often overlooked. Trust me, I have a 2.5 pound guy and I would give ANYTHING if he had grown a bit bigger. All signs pointed to him being in the 5 pound range.

Anyway, you may want to check with Stacy of Sylvan Yorkies. She is an excellent breeder in New Jersey and she is also a member here.

Good luck![/QUOTE]
JessiNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!