View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #12
yorkiegirl83
Love My Furbabies!
Donating Member

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
We have a "puppy land" in our new house..a space about 8x9' off our bedroom. It has a wood floor, and I didn't want it ruined with pee stains or scratches, so being the sneaky commercial interior designer that I am, I ordered a bunch of commercial grade carpet tile samples. (8 in all) They are EACH 3' by 3' square, padded well, stain-resistant and have moisture backing. I ordered a couple of the new, contemporary funky patterns and mixed and matched them together. We cut them to fit with a utility knife, and they fit like a glove! I have gotten many compliments on our "awesome rug"--little do they know I designed it myself and it was FREE. It took 8 samples in all to do the whole area.

This gives the puppies a space of their own that is nice and padded, easily cleanable, moisture proof, and when it gets too dirty, I'll toss that tile and replace it with a new one! These worked really great-Milli has accidents sometimes, and the pee just FLOATS on top of the carpet-won't even sink in, it just wipes right up!

If you know a commercial designer or consultant, or visit carpet showroom in your area, you might be able to score some carpet tiles like this!

Good luck!
That is such a cool idea!! I wish I knew how to get my hands on some of those samples, hehe. VERY creative!!
yorkiegirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!