View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #6
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

We have a "puppy land" in our new house..a space about 8x9' off our bedroom. It has a wood floor, and I didn't want it ruined with pee stains or scratches, so being the sneaky commercial interior designer that I am, I ordered a bunch of commercial grade carpet tile samples. (8 in all) They are EACH 3' by 3' square, padded well, stain-resistant and have moisture backing. I ordered a couple of the new, contemporary funky patterns and mixed and matched them together. We cut them to fit with a utility knife, and they fit like a glove! I have gotten many compliments on our "awesome rug"--little do they know I designed it myself and it was FREE. It took 8 samples in all to do the whole area.

This gives the puppies a space of their own that is nice and padded, easily cleanable, moisture proof, and when it gets too dirty, I'll toss that tile and replace it with a new one! These worked really great-Milli has accidents sometimes, and the pee just FLOATS on top of the carpet-won't even sink in, it just wipes right up!

If you know a commercial designer or consultant, or visit carpet showroom in your area, you might be able to score some carpet tiles like this!

Good luck!
Suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!