View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #20
YorkieMom55
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Donating Member

Default In my opinion:

I didn't have the York's when we rode bikes. But I had a child and she was always with us. We had many friends who took their fur kids with them and they were all quite aware of what "could" happen. One of our closest friends is putting a sidecar on his Harley so he can take his Aussie with him on trips. My neighbor was driving through town in her car with her dog strapped in the backseat when she was sideswiped. She was OK. Her Maxi didn't make it. It hit on his side. We can love them and we can take the greatest care with them. Sometimes bad things just happen. To say that it's irresponsible for someone to want to take their pet with them when they travel is cruel. That's like saying that you can never take your pet for a walk because the leash might break and they could run into the street and get hit. We traveled the Great Lakes in our 30ft Catalina sailboat for 11 yrs. Our dogs were always with us. Maggie jumped overboard once at the dock. She swam and we pulled her out.
Just call me the Thread Killer.

So, go ahead and take them with you if you want to, leave them if you don't. Just think safe and live your life to the fullest.

Last edited by YorkieMom55; 03-02-2007 at 11:59 AM.
YorkieMom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!