Thread: tornado ~~ al
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
Peters
YT 2000 Club Member

Default tornado ~~ al

ok so the tornado that hit alabama has been all over the news yesterday & today. it hit alabama killing 10 people in enterprise al so far have been reported 8 from a collapsed hall in the enterprise highschool that has been destroyed. al roker from the today show was there this morning reporting about it bob riley the govenor has flown in on helicopter and i think president bush is supposed to come down tomorrow to make a speech. i feel so bad for the familys of the kids that were lost yesterday and can't imagine how horrifying it could be to loose your child even if it is out of anyone's hands to prevent it like a natural disaster! the schools here were closed early yesterday and they sent them home...the ehs was tracking the storm and getting ready to close the school and send everyone home at 1pm it hit at 12:45 . seems all cars in the lot at the school had at least their windows blown out and some tossed and flipped nearby houses didn't fare any better. in covington county 1 person has been reported killed a neighborhood destroyed. where i'm at in ozark al is only about 30 miles away from enterprise al we got VERY lucky one didn't touch down here! but the power in ozark was out yesterday afternoon buisness & resturants and the vets office my sisterinlaw works at closed early about 3pm ( they had to do a emergency csection in the dark & the vet's husband was in enterprise calling her he could see the tornado and was trying to get away from it they were all very terrified) .we live outside the city and still had power but our land had been flooded and a few branches knocked loose. i felt safer in our house we just moved into but it's still super scary to think about what could happen you just never know!
tassibo if she's still here at yt lives in enterprise al . i hope all are safe there and there will be no more deaths to report ,property damage can be fixed but losing poeple can't! this just goes to show how close things can actually come to you that you see on tv & the news daily!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!