View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #25
KiKiPie
Donating Yorkie Yakker

That was so kind and caring of you! I hope if TIffany ever managed to get out someone like you would find her and help her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnturner View Post
So last night I was leaving bible study and a man standing by the church door said be careful there's a dog trying to get in. When I opened the door the sweetest most adorable little dog you could ever imagine was trying to get inside.
Well there were people standing outside talking who had just been ignoring the dog. At 1st I assumed it belonged to somebody and went to cross the street. Well the dog started following me and my husband and I stopped because we didn't want it to think it could go with us. Thats when I was told that the dog didn't belong to anyone. Okay so the dog stops following us and we make it across the street only to find that as soon as we go to get to the carhere comes the little dog again. I called to it b/c it just stopped in the middle of the street and I didn't want it to get hit.

So I call the dog over. It had to be a yorkie (non standard) or a yorkie mix. She was the smallest thing I've ever seen and her little tongue hung out the side of her mouth.

I told my husband we can't just leave her here. And he had the nerve to say why not?! I told him my spirit wouldn't let me leave her. You could see that she had her tags so I checked her tag and saw that her name was FEE - FEE. She went to run back in the street after a man and I caught her. Thats when I noticed that shhe was shacking and must have been cold. I grabbed her and picked her up and I swear she was pregnant.

Well I call the number on the tag no answer and it's not letting me leave messages. In the mean time a man says that you never know what the dog has. You try to help they bite and you get something tahts why you should lave them alone. 1st this was a small dog, 2nd she came up to everyone looking for help she's well socialized never barked once, 3rd she was perfectly groomed-legs and ears were clipped.

I picked her up and took her into the car and sat in the back seat with her while my husband turned the heat on. I kept calling and after about the 5th call and sitting there for 30-45 min. I told my husband worst case scenario we'd take her home. The # I called gave the 1st names and the dogs collar had a last name. We could look up the names and keep calling and maybe put up some posters. Right before we went to pull off I called one more time and the owner picked up. We got the dog back to the owner she was very greatful they were out looking all night.

My problem is all those people paid no attention to that dog and it was freezing last night. Please people make sure your baby has a tag on whenever they are outside even when its only in your backyard.

Sorry long had to vent
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!