View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
BellaWillow
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Willow and I are praying for your sweet Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvidesigner View Post
This is in the "please pray" post but I thought I would let everyone know we are home. It has been a long two days. Mimi did well with her bone graft. They needed to graft some bone into the fracture. Now she said we need to hope for the best. Eight to twelve weeks. I look at her sad little face and I just wish she could talk to me. Her little leg looks so bad and her little paw pads are so sore she can't even touch the floor. The only grace is knowing that is actually working in her favor. I know in a few days we will all get adusted to the meds and all the tlc we will give to her. If anyone has any suggestons on things I can do for her I would be so grateful to hear personal experiences. I just tried to get ice on her leg and oh my she just looks so fragile and I don't want to hurt her. Now we will just count down until June.
CJ in Texas called me and told me to come on today because Mimi finally had her surgery. I just want to let you know that we have been thinking of you and praying for Mimi's speedy recovery. Willow is exactly 9 weeks past surgery today for her broken leg and should be coming out of confinement next week. Willow had a two inch plate and six screws put into her leg and we never had a cast because of the very reason you spoke of . . . the hair rubbing off and the skin getting irritated. She only had a cast for the three days between her injury and her surgery.

Did Mimi get a plate, screws? Does she have another cast or bandage or just a bare naked shaved leg with stitches that looks like a chicken bone? If it is the later . . . trust me . . . it gets easier to look at with time. Just let her lay down as much as possible and get as much rest as possible and let that little leg heal. Keep the incision as dry as possible. In a few days it will be merely impossible to keep that little puppy quiet. Oh I have so many tips for you . . . all you need to do is ask. You can pm me with any questions you may have and I would be more than happy to give you my telephone number and you can call me. We just went through this so it is very fresh. Our orthopedic surgeon said that we did everything perfectly and it helped in Willow's recovery.

We will continue to pray for you and Mimi as you continue to cross every day off on your calendar.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!