View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
bren
Slave to Max 'n Abbie
Donating Member

Not sure if I should even get involved in this discussion but here goes...
(I apologize in advance that this is so long)
Both of my yorkies are from Fairview Kennels. When I first got Max, I had never had a dog before and I had no idea what I should be looking for. He was a gift (I picked him out, though) but we did not purchase Max from Terri--we purchased him from an acquaintance of Terri's who was helping her sell puppies. She said that she was thinking about getting into breeding. At the time, it didn't seem like it was a problem. This woman (not Terri) and her husband had a few yorkies of their own and a schnauzer and about 5 other puppies that she was selling. They all lived in their home and were well socialized. Max is slightly larger than the norm (10-11 lbs) but he's healthy. Since we had such success with Max and there weren't any problems, we we decided to get another yorkie from Fairview Kennels. Again, I was new to buying dogs so I didn't recognize any red flags. We drove to Terri's house when we got Abbie and and she had all of her yorkies in the house--there were 6 or 7. They seemed friendly, happy and healthy. We had already spoken to her about not wanting a tiny one before we drove out and she said that she had a female available so we ended up buying her and naming her Abbie. She is also very healthy but soon after we got her, we never received her AKC papers. She wouldn't return phone calls or emails. Soon after, I found YT and began reading about bad breeders and realized that there were so many red flags about her and I began to wonder if she was a puppy mill. 9 months went by and we had FINALLY received her AKC papers. When we sent them to the AKC, they would not register Abbie because Terri was no longer in good standing with the AKC (nobody would tell us WHY ). We had to gather all types of documentation to show that we purchased her almost a YEAR before so that we could register her. I mean, Abbie is a pet and we never had any intention of showing her but just the feeling of being taken advantage of was INFURIATING to me . And also considering that we paid SO MUCH for her AND we were taken advantage of was even MORE infuriating . Bottom line--I'm thankful that Max and Abbie are both healthy and I love them to pieces but I would never buy a puppy from her or anyone like her again. Now I know what red flags to look for.

I'm not sure where you can go to report her but I hope you are able to resolve the situation

Last edited by bren; 03-01-2007 at 03:04 PM.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!