View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
yorkieK9trainer
YT 1000 Club Member

A one year health guarantee can mean a few different thing as far as reimbursement goes if your dog were to display any sort of congenital defect.
Even then, this breeder may only limit the guarantee to CERTAIN congenital defects.
It's becoming more typical to see a two year health guarantee and if the pup does come up w/ Dysplasia; Luxating Patellas; Epilepsy; Liver Shunts and so on, some breeders will help pay for medical expenses; give you half of your purchase price back; owe you a puppy from a future breeding of a different pair at no cost; request your ill puppy back and THEN give you a different puppy...it all depends and there's no way of knowing if the contract/guarantee that he is offering you is reasonable or not w/o you posting it up or e-mailing it to me.

And as far as him not taking his dogs to the vet, only when absolutely needed, I'm the same way and so of course I don't necc. disagree w/ his practice on this. It all depends on his experience level. If he's not going just to try and save money, then that's not right. I even give many of my own vaccines.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!