View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
rachelsyorkie
Rachel & Tilula Belle
Donating Member

Before. If you dont you will wish you had. The mess of blood all over the house, the behavior changes-butt in your face, hunching-girls hunch too, , they get swollen & miserable just like some women do & then can develop infections and have complications similiar to having bred her even thou a male was never around. I just went thru this & would not recommend it. And depending what area you are in you may have stray males hanging around, your girl may start marking in the house, you'll have to retrain. She might try to sneak out the door & mate with any dog around because at a certain point in their heat they want bred its just a instinct & dogs have mated thru fences(she will back right up to it) A girl might fight off a dog everyday & people think she just wont let them they dont have to worry about it, but she will eventually just lift her tail when she wants it-you know how women are But anyways. I had a accidental pregnancy w/a large breed dog I had years ago because at that time vets were recommending that they have one heat, but now they do not. Hope this helps.
rachelsyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!