View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
lksdolls
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco's Mom View Post
I just bought my first Yorkie from a breeder named Terri Wylie in North Benton, Ohio. She calls her business 'Fairview Yorkies', 'Fairview Kennels', and also has a website for 'Fairview Maltese'. You can get the idea as to why I am upset with her and my experience from the email I sent her after I got the pup this past Friday. Please let me know what you think. Regards, Dana

-------

Terri-

We picked up Coco at the airport on Friday night and needless to say, we were very surprised. You know as well as we do that the puppy you sent was not the puppy pictured on your site which we agreed to. Unfortunately for me, I trusted you and only later did I see alot of negative feedback about you and your kennel. But I was hoping what I read would not happen to me.

First off, as soon as we looked in her mouth we knew she had too many teeth to possibly be 12 weeks old. She looks nothing like the puppy pictured on the website, and with all our communications back and forth, or should I say non-communication on your part, I did start to worry, and obviously rightly so.

I brought her for her vet check on Sunday (my vet is open on Sunday), and the first thing he said when he looked in her mouth is that there is no way this puppy is the age that the breeder says. She is very big now, to be either 8 or 12 weeks old, as you promised she would only end up to be 4.5 pounds at the max. SHE IS ALREADY 4.7 POUNDS UPON ARRIVAL TO ME, AS IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW. The vet says she will end up to be about 9 pounds..that is not what you represented on your site. She also has a big vein in one of her eyes that must be treated with medication.

If I wanted a 9-10 pound yorkie, I could have bought one here without shipping her for about $700. YOU ROYALLY RIPPED ME OFF.

In talking to people who have dealt with you in the past, and I will not reveal my sources, I understand that the pictures on your website have not changed in forever. So the puppies you are showing are not what people are getting, and I don't understand how you can state who the parents of these puppies are, and lie about it. It also was strange that you told me that I would have to wait maybe another week or so before I got the puppy, and as soon as I told you I would like to drive to you, the story changed, and all of a sudden all flight reservations had been made many days before she was coming, when you originally told me that you cannot make reservations for puppies more than 48 hours in advance. You have continually changed your story throughout our communications.

Before I was feeling uncomfortable with you, a friend of mine was looking for a Yorkie for his sister, and I told him where I was getting mine. He had no idea which one on your site was mine. Coincidentally, he fell in love with the same one, and contacted you about it, and what do you know! You offered the same puppy to him and offered to ship her to him in 2 days! He sent you her photo and the exact description on your website (copy and pasted). There was no mistaking which puppy he meant. The two of us were shocked and infuriated and that's when I figured it all out. You are scamming people who are trusting you that you are sending the puppies pictured and then you send whatever you want, with the excuse that they are a little older, and that they look a little different. I don't know how you can look at yourself in the mirror.

I understand that the leukemia you told me you just found out about, which was your excuse as to why you weren't answering my phone calls and emails, was told to other people months ago, as your excuse for treating them the same way. There has to be a reason why you don't want anyone to visit your kennel. What are you afraid of? It seems like all you are in it for is the money, as you told my friend you could not tell him your address until you got his deposit, and why you only accept certified checks. When I read your contract I was very surprised to read a clause in it about litigation. You obviously have been sued before.

Well, you have picked the wrong person to scam this time. Not only am I reporting you to the proper authorities, but anyone who looks on the web for a Yorkie or a Maltese and checks before they buy from you, will definitely stay far away from your kennel after they read about my experience, which I will shout from the rooftops! I will be contacting Consumer Affairs, the Attorney General's Office, and I have friends in the police department. And hopefully you will be shut down.

Dana Catania

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.
Dana,
I, unfortunately, am very aware of the so-called breeder in North Benton, OH that you are talking about. She lives only about 15 miles from me and I've been to their place. I would never buy from her, ever! First of all, she will not show you the parents. She makes 6 figures a year from breedings. That was told to me by one of our store managers who's mother is friends with the breeder. Cages are stacked on top of each other in a barn. As far as just finding out about leukemia, she's been ill for quite a long time, not just recently. I haven't looked recently but for a long time she had a running ad in the Ohio and PA newspapers, and who knows how much farther she extends her advertising. I'm sorry you got scammed. I do ship but if you would have made the trip, you could have visited me and picked out your pup, seen and played with the parents, shown the pedigree, which I have available on my website. And speaking of shipping, you can make reservations up to 10 days in advance of shipping and as little as 24 hours in advance, however, you can cancel those reservations, all it takes is a phone call. And the pups must have a health certificate from a licensed vet. As big of an operation that she has, I'm sure she does all the shots. She has been known to sell sick pups before. Do you have the vet's health certification? If you do, I'd call them direct and see what information you can get from the vet. If you get no where, let me know privately and I will find out.

I just did a little research to check out their website and came across this link, interesting reading: http://www.petstorecruelty.org/Buyin...r%20beware.htm

"Fairview Kennels, North Benton, Ohio (fairviewmaltese.com; fairviewyorkies.com)

Fairview Maltese/Yorkies advertises weekly in the newspaper puppies for sale & online. I bought a Maltese from them. She had 3 for me to look at all in individual cages. The dogs were clean and well groomed for me to see. This probably sells the puppies as she was a previous groomer. I was told the puppy I purchased was never outside or on the ground until I purchased it. The dogs came from a kennel not attached to the house. She would not let me go in there to see the parents. The dog was so excited to get away from there she couldn't eat for a few days and lost 2 pounds. She was scared to death of all noises inside the house and outside, which would be understandable with a dog that had been kept in a cage. She ran continually as she had been set free. If I accidentally step on her toe or tail she wants to attack me. I have had many dogs as a child and adult and never had a dog with this kind of behavior. I believe the dog was caged until I got her and this is why her behavior is like it is. She is coming along nicely and so far seems to be healthy. I believe Fairview Maltese/Yorkies is a puppy mill because of my dog's behavior."
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!