Thread: Miko's home!!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Love Miko's home!!

Hi everyone,
Some of you read my thread about Miko going in for surgery to remove bladder stones this morning...Well, we went to visit him this afternoon around 5pm, and they decided to send him home They said he was doing very well, and that it was not necessary for him to stay! Yeah! Of course he has stitches and some bruising and he has to wear that little cone on his head, but he's doing pretty well for just having had surgery. My baby is such a trooper He was sooo happy to see us
The good part is that they were able to get all the stones out for now, and the vet said his bladder actually looks really good. The bad part is that not only did they find the marble size stone, they also found a BUNCH more in there that they flushed out of his bladder. They sent it off to the lab to find out what kinds of stones he's producing, and the results should be back in 3-5days. Vet said we may need to adjust his diet some. Finding this out is so important, so that maybe the new diet will keep him from producing so many stones and still be low in protein so that it doesn't cause problems with the liver shunt.
Thanks to everyone who prayed for Miko!! I hope he has a speedy recovery
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!