View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
ILovePrissyGirl
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default sick/jealous yorkie

My yorkie, Prissy, is almost 5 months old and as healthy as a horse. That is until we got another puppy......a hound dog. Right when we got him she couldn't hold down any of her food and obviously acted very jealous of him (even though we made sure to give her the most attention). and then the hound started vomitting also. After taking them both to the vet he decided that the hound had hookworms (he was a stray) and he had given Prissy some kind of bug (no hookworms). After this they both were put on a fast and then fed chicken and rice for the next two days and they both got better!! Then I put them back on their regular dog food and Prissy went with her dad and me on a road trip while the hound stayed with our parents. While we were away Prissy had blood in her stool so again we went to the vet. He test her for Parvo and everything else and she had nothing wrong with her. He chalked it up as nerves and change of diet that caused her bloody stool and gave her two medications. After the vet visit the bloody stool stopped but then my poor little Prissy started vommiting again. I got her to stop for a day and then we came back home to our little hound dog. The next morning (this morning) Prissy threw up again!!!! She acts just fine and playful and everytime I take her to the vet they say she is fine.......I'm a hypocondriac I guess! Does anyone know if this is normal for a yorkie to go through this when you get a new dog???
ILovePrissyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!