Thread: Eating Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
debbiect
Senior Yorkie Talker

I called a tech at my vet's office yesterday because they were listed as selling Natural Balance. She told we a pet store close by that did sell it, because all they sell is Science Diet. I told her my dilemma with Sparky being finicky. I told her I had some samples of Natural Balance and that he was chowing down on it, but turning his nose up at the Merrick's. She told me that her Yorkies were all on Natural Balance, but cautioned me about switching foods everytime he got finicky. She said Yorkies are notorious for being persnickity and I would be doing this his entire life. Now I'm confused. I liked the idea of going to Natural Balance because of the variety they have in dry dog food. She told me the Ultra Premium w/chicken, duck, veggies and brown rice was what to use, and that the others were used for allergies. I've had dogs all my life and never had one like this one. The other dogs have all been brought up on Purina Kibbles and Chuncks or Moist and Meaty. They all lived long lives, 12 - 18 years. But after reading about the ingredients, and the Yorkie, I don't dare put them anywhere near Sparky. Does anyone out there give their furbaby a variety of different foods? I'm not talking four or five different ones, I'm asking if it would be okay to offer Merricks and Natural Balance. I usually mix his food with either warm water, chicken baby food, yogurt, cottage cheese or just plain dry. Sometimes if I roll a kibble across the floor to him, he will race after it and eat. We do his entire meal that way. Or other times I have to feed him off a spoon or out of my hand. Such a spoiled baby. Either way, I have to be right with him for him to eat. Am I the only one with a "brat" or are there others. Don't get me wrong, I accept full responsibility for making him a brat, and I loved every minute of it, and intend to continue. He's only 15 weeks old.
debbiect is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!