View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Lex is now 15 months old and is I would dare say 100% trained (knock on wood). I had a bit of a problem with him sneaking to the basement and marking on the support poles down there but it has stopped. I feed Lex on a schedule. I get up at six and take him out immediately and he goes pee and poop. Then I bring him and Lulu back inside and put down their food and water. They eat and drink and a few minutes before I leave for work around seven I walk them again. I pick up the food and water then. This works with Lulu as well and she is a baby. Then at some point between 10-2 I have my husband give Lulu some snack so her sugar doesn't drop. She tends to only eat when Lex eats anyhow so it makes no sense for me to leave food down. When my kids get home from school at 2:30 they take them both out to do their business. Then when they come inside they put down food and water and take it up in a half an hour. Then I get home at 5:15 and walk them both immediately and they handle all their business. I do leave not him...he seems offended at it. Then when I bring them back inside I put down their food and water and it comes back up by around 8 or so. I walk them in between and up right until I am ready to go to bed. So it has worked for me the scheduled feeding in the house training. My dogs go out in the rain/snow or whatever is going on out there. If the weather is bad they go faster and don't linger. Soon I will move to elimiate Lulu's pee pad as well. I think maybe you need to do a super clean up of your floors. I use vinegar and water 50/50 mix to clean. It stinks at first but the smell goes away fast and then I can remop with a regular cleaner for freshness plus if you have hardwood floors it's gentle on it. I would have to say that you might want to try the scheduled feeding and do your best to get him on a schedule and eliminate the pads. I think that once you have one down they get used to just continuing to go in the house and never want to stop. I know that toy dogs are notorious for being hard to house break but honestly at two that is a bit long for that one.

Is he neutered? Sometimes the peeing indoors is about marking. Lex was doing a lot of that marking in my basement on the pillars before I got him neutered. I had hoped to keep him intact but I figured I try that when I couldn't get him to stop the marking in the basement. It seems like it has worked.

Good luck I know how frustrating it can be.

What part of queens are you in? I live in Glendale.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!