View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #14
psugorilladdr
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemepretty View Post
College is harder than high school. Please wait until you have settled in the college life before adding a pet to your life. Plus, it's much harder to find places that allow pets if you plan on renting. If you're commuting you won't really have extra time to spend with a yorkie yet. College, commuting(and maybe a job?), there's not going to be lot of free time.

I waited over a decade before getting my yorkie. It was worth the wait. My sister just finished college last year. She had two dogs. It was a nightmare having to deal with them while going through her schooling. She ended up rehoming one and the other is staying with our mother STILL(half a year after she's graduated).
I agree with some points, but I am a college student and I have 2 Yorkies. It's nowhere near a nightmare! It is hard finding places to live with pets, I do not commute. Finding places isn't as hard as it sounds, it's just the deposit. For instance, most places want you to double down on your rent, or pay A LOT extra on the deposit... Like one place was a $1500 deposit. We don't have that kind of money for a deposit! So things like that are tough. I think it matters how mature you are too. If you plan on being the college student that is a party person and is never around then that makes a difference too. We are both stay at home bodies.... So it works out. He actually plays football here and both kiddos go to the games with me with their little jerseys...

So I guess what I am saying is... Maturity is the bigger issue. Having a Yorkie is like having a child. It's a huge responsibility. You can't just leave them home alone while you go out to the bars (like most people here). So it's not impossible to have a yorkie in college.
psugorilladdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!