View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
Siara28
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am BY FAR, no expert, but I do just disagree with ONE thing. I got my puppy at 8 weeks (in the middle of January in Minnesota) and I potty trained him outside immediately, with no problems. I would say that some people would agree with me and some people would not. But I posted a post right when I got him, and my post was basically titled something like " has anyone NEVER used Pee Pads" because I was REALLY wanting to potty train outside, and I was getting the feeling that everyone used Potty pads inside(something I didn't want to do!!) and there were BOTH responses, but A LOT Of people just potty train outside, they are DOGS.........it's VERY NATURAL to go OUTSIDE, but you have to be consistent. Your puppy will get the idea if you bring Hilton DIRECTLY outside after being crated.........and REWARD, REWARD, REWARD!!!!!
One thing that is important is being able to HEAR your puppy in the night!!!! My guy cryed for the first few nights, and then went for about 10 days with getting up at around 5 am (going to bed at 9/9:30) but now my guy is just over 3 mos. and he sleeps EVERY night until we get up in the morning, no more crying at all.

Good luck!!!
Siara28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!