View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 03:36 AM   #11
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

"they are not stupid these yorkies ....!!" ... Ana is absolutely right!! Once they have "people" food they usually refuse their food altogether! Toto did that and piled on the weight which got us a "chewing out" from Dr. Lucy! She said that it's absolutely true ... if they get hungry, they WILL eat their food. We just have to be "tough" about it. It's true, but awfully hard. She has now begun to eat vegetables and absolutely no meat ... she wants those vegetables cooked fresh too! So, I set aside a day to boil potatoes, baby carrots, bake sweet potato, etc. I also do this with veggie pasta, spagetti noodles, etc. ... I just take hers out before I add any seasoning] ... this is one of her faves! I chop them up and freeze them on a cookie sheet in a single layer and then store them in freezer zip loc bags ... when it's time for her to eat, I just take out what she will eat ... cover it in a little glass dish with saran wrap ... zap it in the wave for about 20-25 seconds ... sprinkle a little parm on it and she licks her dish clean!! When she was eating before and gaining weight, I was also cooking her meats like ground turkey breast, chicken tenders, etc. ... no more ... I will do the veggies because Dr. Lucy says it's OK, but if the day comes when she begins to refuse her veggies and pasta ... tough, it will be back to the Natural Balance!!! Like I have said before ... "she's a tad spoiled"!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!