View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 07:56 AM   #2
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgin's Mom
It has been cold and rainy and dark in Maine ALL WEEK! And the dogs DON'T want to go outside in it any more than I do! So Higgin's housetraining has taken a big step backwards, since he has stopped peeing on his pee pads! Now he HAS to have a CLEAN pad EVERY TIME and we're gonna go broke buying diapers!

Oh I'm just grumpy 'cause I'm tired of the rain. But we are headed down to LL Bean this afternoon and I KNOW that will cheer me up!

Hugs and I hope it's sunny where you are......

Mary Ellen
Bless you hearts!! Wish we could send some sunshine your way .... those rainy days aren't fit for anything but reading & napping!! We are having some clouding but so far so good!

We found a way to stretch the wee wee pads since "Miss Prissy Paws" won't use a pad but once either!! We get the "Simple Solution" pads which come 56 to the pack for $15.99 from PetSmart online [for some reason they cost more in the PetSmart store down here] ... go figure! The Simple Solution pads are more evenly padded inside ... we had to get another brand one time and they were all lumpy and uneaven inside! I cut a pad down the center then cut those two in two ... giving me 4 ... then when Miss Prissy pees a spot I just put 1/4 square over that spot and she's happy!! Usually, I start the day with a clean pad and just cover her spots! She's really funny when she pees, she comes to us and makes a little sound and 99% of the time we check her pen and there's her little spot! We put the square over it, give her a big "Good Girl, TeeTee" along with a little piece of Honeycomb cereal and she is estatic!! AND she always goes back to the pen and checks up on us to make sure we did OUR job by putting down her clean pad!!

Happy shopping at LL Bean!!!

Puppy kisses!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!