View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 08:03 AM   #2
HeatherHamptons
Got Yorkie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriket_kash
My yorkie just had a baby boy about 3 weeks ago. It was my first time to breed her. I was just wondering what to do when weaning a baby. What do you do w/the mom. Do you seperate them all day/night at first or what???? I would like some advice. Thank you!!!

Im going through this myself. Angel's pups will be 6 weeks on thursday. They started weeking the day before they turned 3 weeks. Angel refused to feed them so I had no choice. Now all of a sudden she WANTS to feed them..UGH..

I keep them apart during the day and at night I allow them to be together. This way she can feed them at night and you can sleep. Like its her shift.

Start off with dry puppy kibble soaked in water. Mush it a lot so its like soup. Over the next 2 weeks or so, make it thicker and thicker until there is no wetness at all.

Angel's pups just started completely dry food yesterday. So far so good. Im gonna keep mom seperate at night time too now since they can have a bowl of food in their whelping box at all times now.

Hopefully, they wont try to feed off of her after this seperation period.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!