Thread: Yorkielover_201
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #1
kp&nala
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Lightbulb Yorkielover_201

I've been reading some past posts from you and I just wanted to give you a little advice to consider. I am in no way trying to be mean or anything like that, I just know where your coming from. When I was about your age I wanted a puppy so bad I couldn't stand it and of course I was going to play with it every day, take it on walks, always remember to feed it etc. Well on my 11th birthday I finally got my wish. But truth is even though I helped take care of my new puppy I was no where near ready to take on the full responsibility of taking care of a dog. I had no money for vet bills, toys, spay surgery etc. My mom and dad were left to do all that. I now have Nala, a job and am a lot more responsible she is truely my dog. But there have been times that my mom has had to loan me money for vet bills. A dog is a major responsibiltiy. When your 12 you don't think about unexpected illnesses or grooming costs and most 12 year olds don't have the money for when these issues come up. I'm not trying to put a damper on your hopes of getting a yorkie but you have to make sure your mom and dad are willing to take care of the dog. Your still very young and your going to want to go and do lots of things as you get older (as most kids do) and your parents are going to have to be willing to give you dog attention and love when you can't. I'm not trying to imply that your parents wouldn't or anything. But so many times parents get their kids a dog and when the kid stops showing interest or their schedules get busy the parents may decide a dog is no longer needed or wanted and so many times those poor dogs end up in a shelter. This is something that I am learning a lot about as I just started helping out at our local animal shelter. You really may want to consider holding off until your a little older to get a dog. You seem like you really love animals, maybe you could volunteer at your local animal shelter since you out for summer vacation. I really hope I didn't hurt your feelings or come off as being harsh, but I do know exactly how you feel and I know that right now you are a 100% sure that you will take care of this dog and provide everything for it, but the truth is you really can't provide EVERYTHING the dog will need. Your going to need a lot of help from you parents.
kp&nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!