Thread: Eating Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
debbiect
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Eating Issues

My Yorkie-Sparky has done somewhat well on the eating issues I've seen addressed here. I changed him from Science Diet to Merrick's in early January. He did really well with that and seemed to love it. I would mix it with a little water, and he'd gobble it up. Then he went through a stage where he would only nibble at it, so I added a little chicken baby food (about 1/2 tsp), he ate it up. He went through a stage where he wanted it dry, so I compensated him. Then back to wet with baby food. Now we're at a different stage where he doesn't want it either way. I've gotten several samples from the different food companies (Candidae, Natural Balance and Nature's Logic). I have occasionally tried giving him kibbles from the samples, and he loved the Candidae (chicken and rice), and he has eaten some of the Natural Balance. He's on a routine (he put himself on it) of eating dog food twice a day (about 8-9 am, and again about 5-6 pm). Through the day he gets treats consisting of maybe a baby carrot or a sprig of broccoli or a couple bite size pieces of apple, a teaspoon of cottage cheese, or a teaspoon of vanilla yogurt (not at the same time and not treats of everything). I am about to pull my hair out, he's not even 4 months old and he seems to be calling the shots. I know I've spoiled him rotten (he only eats if I spoon feed him or sit down with him when he eats) but this can't be all bad. Any help would be appreciated. Is this normal for a Yorkie? He's 5 lbs 10 oz.
debbiect is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!