View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 08:01 PM   #8
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

The first week I had Venus, someone suggested I put her crate beside my bed, so I could hear when she needed to potty.

Before that, she was crated in the kitchen, and I couldn't hear her cry, and she's pee and poop in the crate. Omg, what a mess she and the crate was that first week!

She did much better later that week after I put the crate beside the bed. She learned in several days, that as soon as she whined, I'd get up and take her outside, pronto. We sometimes went outside 2-3 times in the night.

But after putting her crate beside the bed, it did take a good week for her to quit peeing and pooping in it.

And believe me, they will chew on doors, and baseboards too! I have marks to prove it! Someone here suggested clear deoderant on any furniture she chewed on. Others say not to use it. I never had problems with her chewing the same spot after putting the deoderant on it.

I got a baby gate that looks like bars, so she wouldn't climb it. She's a climber, and x-pen was just an obsticle to climb. I also had to get plexy-glas from Lowes and put it on the front of the gate so she wouldn't walk through it. I drilled holes in the plexi-glas, and used those white things to attach it to the gate.
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!