View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 11:48 PM   #2
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

not necessarily........... toby had solid poop,,..... and then ten minuits later JUST MUCOUS ...... but now hes fine, it doesnt necessarily mean that it is a disease , but the lack of eating is concerning......... i think the disease is coccidiosis (at least thats what someone told me it was, but it turned out hes fine after all).....
here this is what i found:
Clinical Signs

Clinical signs of coccidiosis
usually are present or shortly following stress such as weather changes; weaning; overcrowding; long automobile or plane rides; relocation to a new home and new owners; and/or unsanitary conditions. Symptoms or signs of coccidiosis will depend on the state of the disease at the time of observation. In general, coccidiosis affects the intestinal tract and symptoms are associated with it. In mild cases, only a watery diarrhea may be present, and if blood is present in the feces, it is only in small amounts. Severely affected animals may have a thin, watery feces with considerable amounts of intestinal mucosa and blood. Straining usually is evident, rapid dehydration, weight loss and anorexia (off feed) also may be clinically visible. One of the most prevalent canine coccidia is S. tenella and during autopsies of dead animals appears as microscopic muscle cysts in the host animal. Oocysts in the feces of dogs are also microscopic in size and can only be positively identified through lab tests or direct observation under a microscope.

I hope youre baby feels better its so sad to get a sick puppy, i know .......i was freaking out when i found out toby had kennel cough (turns out he has such a mild case they didnt perscribe anything)... and then the diareah mucous thing was scary......

I would double check with teh vet just to make sure (im sure you have to get a health check anyways????? ) maybe take a fecal sample with you... keep us posted on how little ava is doing (such a sweet name by the way, did you choose it or did she come with that name?)
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!