View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #7
Surfie and Tiki
My little Beach Bums
Donating Member

I'll share my experience, as I have both. Tiki, my Maltese is my little Princess, I could not love her more. She was potty trained within a few months, with very few accidents. Although she has her yappy moments, (mainly when we come home) she is not a yapper, however, when she sees something invading our yard, she will bark and it is hard to get her get her to calm down without picking her up and telling her it's ok. She has a human like personality of a gorgeous little girl, she swishes her head back, as if to say look at me, I'm pretty, and if she disagrees with me she will sass me. Just like a kid. She cracks me up. She loves to be groomed, and will sit for hours just letting me brush her. I find her easy to maintain, she is bathed every 7 to 10 days, her hair/fur is very white up until the 7th day or so, and then she begins to look a bit ragged. I do walk her every day, her paws get black, but it goes away with brushing. When I give Surfie and Tiki treats Surfie will not come for his first treat, Tiki will take the first one, go give it to him, and come back for hers. Amazing! When she gets up in the morning, she will literally jump up in my lap and give me a huge hug around the neck, followed by a few kisses, Good Morning mommy! Yes, she loves to cuddle, but also likes her independence as well. She does not need to be in my lap all the time, as she loves to be with Surfie as well. I'm very fortunate as they love each other, and look out for one another. Tiki did have tear staining, it was minimal, but got worse during teething, it was really never too bad, I was lucky, I guess. When I started using Missing Link it went away, and she does not have noticeable staining at all. She is outgoing, loves people, other animals, and loves everything about life, and I would not trade her for the world.

I'm sure you know enough about Yorkies to write a book. Our little Surfie is a doll, the mix between our two works beautifully for us. We wouldn't have it any other way. But, I would highly recommend a Maltese, they are amazing little fur balls.........
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!