View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #11
Dina_Nichole
I Love My Munchkins!
Donating Member

Hi, thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced When I had Trixie fixed it cost about $250 and that was for the pre-blood work, surgery, pain meds and her stay overnight. I had Pia fixed at another vet (since I moved) and she had 4 baby teeth pulled, pre-blood work, and the surgery for under $200. However, Pia's vet turned out to be a nightmare and I almost lost my little girl. In return for his mistakes I ended up having a vet bill of about $2000 Th best advice I can give is run from this vet that gave you such a high quote but also really check out the vet that you end up deciding on. Talk to as many people as possible. My poor Pia almost died because my vet sent her home the same day as surgery and felt she could go an entire day of throwing up and having the ugly D. In return she almost didn't make it because she went into shock. Thank goodness I had a wonderful ER to take her to. I'm not trying to scare you. The only thing that needed done with Pia was to put her on an IV for fluids. SIMPLE but the vet pretty much didn't want to take his time to do so. This was after many calls and even taking her there. His cure was to give a shot of fluids which wasn't enough. The worse thing about this vet is that he has two yorkies of his own. Thats why I trusted him Big mistake!! So please really check out the person you decide to go to and ask tons of questions. Good Luck!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!