View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 03:08 AM   #1
Figment713
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Question Sorry to be a pest....

...and I really feel that I am being one.

MacKenzie, who got flown in to us on Friday (don't ask!) went to the vet on Saturday where she was diagnosed as suffering from both worms and Coccidia. They administered 1 cc of STrongid-t while we were at the vet, and set her home on Albon (for the next 10 days).

My question is whether either/both of these medications should be causing her to have diarrhea? I know the Coccidia, if left untreated, can cause a lot of intestinal damage resulting in diarrhea. I also know that when we went into the vet that first day it was with a formed stool sample. Since then, however, her poops are really soft and mushy...not watery, but definately verging thereon.

I really am sorry to be a pest, but she's just so darned little. I'm scared to death that something can/will get out of control before we can catch it. (I really am a "responsible puppy parent"...not at all the type who'd put a puppy on an airplane for 9 hours in 90 degree heat...with two changes of plane!)

Thanks for your input.

BTW, on the positive side, she did eat an EXCELLENT breakfast this morning!!! I was so happy to see that. (Especially since she HATES/won't consume Nutrical...the finall salvation of the weak and small.......)

Last edited by Figment713; 06-13-2005 at 03:11 AM.
Figment713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!