Thread: Puppy question
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoore View Post
I have a question... We just got our puppy and he HATES his crate he cried ALL night and we have a 4.5 month old so we cant have Boston waking up Collin... So we put a baby gate and put him in the kitchen is that a bad habit to start? He seems to be fine with it so far... cries for 3-5 mintues and stops... Also he isnt eating very much what can I give him besides Nutri Cal something I may have here already... Thanks!
Lillie didn't like her crate when we first brought her home either...I had 5 sleepness nights...THANK GOD I wasn't working at that time. If you have an area that you don't mind him staying in then I would leave him there however, if you ever want him to get used to his crate you are,unfortunatley going to have to put him in the crate and let him cry a few nights until he gets used to it...I used to just tell Lillie NO....GO TO SLEEP...after a while she was fine and sleeps in her crate every night now. I put a cat bed (the kind with a hood) in the crate with a little pillow,blanket and toy. I also put a heating pad under the bed to keep her warm. I pulled the bed right to the front of the crate so it didn't seem so big to her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!