View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

time shoudl solve the problem,.... roxie may still be grouchy and a little jealous, but she shouldnt be as much of a brat once they egt used to each other........ as far as the crate........ these are very adaptable animals, i think you should be able to crate train with few problems........
They cry at first, (this is my first time crate training a dog EVER) but i would never have it any other way! having them crate trained is WONDERFUL , it cuts down on teh destruciton of chewing when im not home.... he doesnt have the run of the house when im not there so i dont have to worry abou twhat he will get into while im gone, also, it is good for the dog! It is their own "speacial place" where they can relax........ Toby loves his crate now (he hated it at first, but i was persistant) ..... One thing someone else suggested was to feed the dog IN the crate so that the dog associates the crate with "good things" and that peice of advice worked wonders! After he started getting fed in his crate, he doesnt see it as an enemy anymore, he actually is "put out" if he has to eat outside his crate......
I would strongly suggest crate training, esecially if you rent
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!