View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #15
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
well mother knows best. and yes she has kennel cough... he gave her antibiotics which she takes 3 times i day... they start with a C... really long name! he said we caught it early.. THANK GOD! she was fine all day today and just started around 9 with the coughing... i'm hoping we dont have another long night.. i asked if he had anything to supress the coughing but he said he'd rather not give her anything just keep her on her meds... i almost let it run its course and forego the vet.. but i'm really glad i didn't.. my poor babe tho.. this will be the 4th week straight on some sort of medication! he suggested in March when she goes for her boosters (i'm having them split up to avoid the horrible reactions she has) to get the kennel cough vaccine... after this bout of it i definitly will ( i was hesitant before) thanks so much for all the help!
Cephalexin possibly?

its good you went to the vet. Kennel Cough in puppies can turn into pneumonia if not taken care of right away. their bodies are too small to handle the infection without medication.

good luck, and hopefully it clears up soon.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!