View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
jshowe
Yorkie Yakker

Smile Training older Yorkie ?

My husband and I adopted Roxie, our first Yorkie about 9 months ago. She was approximately 2-yrs old we were told. The previous owner had litter trained her and she does use her litter box, although not all of the time. She will only pee in her litter box. She also will go to the door and ask to go out - but she usually only poops outside. Lately, we have found that she has peed around the house. We are finding spots on our carpets that were not there before. She has run of the house but we have tried "containing" her as well. When we keep her contained to the room with her food/water and litter box she - on more than one occasion - has made a terrible mess with rubbing her face/body in her litter after getting wet in her water. You can imagine the mess that she makes and the clean-up involved in that. This is almost as frustrating as the peeing around my house. Does any one have any suggestions on how to get her to stop going around the house ?

On another note, we recently adopted a new Yorkie puppy, Max, who is just a doll. He is about 10 weeks old. He already is paper trained and so far gets the whole potty thing. We are having a problem with the older dog, Roxie, not socially excepting Max. She is just out-an-out mean. I understand that she is probably feeling a little put out but she will not have anything to do with little Max. We put them together for short periods of time to "get used to each other" but she is really having a hard time with this. What can we do to help her adjust. Little Max just wants to play with her and she is quite obnoxious about it. (Roxie has been fixed and she never had a litter of her own).

Thank you and I appreciate any advice that you can give.
jshowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!