View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #13
doodandy
Donating Yorkie Yakker

When I got my first Yorkie ( 4months old ) I had a 3 yr old female shihtzu who is very very very much the alpha dog,... when I dog sit for other family members or neighbor she can be quite agressive with them.,, so I was afraid to bring in a new one and was prepared to keep them seperated for as long as I needed ,,,, I use a crate so I just thought I would alternate putting them in their crate... When I introduced the new puppy she had to sniff .., he had to sniff and almost immediately she was being his mommy.,, she would clean his ears..,, his eyes and he would sometimes try to nurse from her,,, she has never had a litter.... they turned out to be best of buddies,,, and was never the least bit agressive or rough with him..,,
I just got a new baby 2 weeks ago and he is the one that barks at her,,, and she will go out of the way to avoid him..,.,. My first Yorkier was stolen,,, ( that is a long story ) and this is a new one,,, I think she is greiving for My Oliver and doesn't want anything to do with the new baby,,, she act like he is nowhere around,, he will jump on her and try to play and she walks off,,
she has just now started eatting I am hoping she will come around soon.,
doodandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!