View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #15
Believer
Senior Yorkie Talker

At bedtime, Meeko slept in his crate for about the first three months of his life. I'm sure not how it started, but from about the four or so month along he began sleeping with us. (I think it was about the time he realized he could "hold it" throughout the night.) We wouldn't have it any other way. In fact, we recently bought a beautiful new bed, but forgot about how high it was from the floor. So, Frank and I went back to the furniture store and picked out a beautiful settee to add to the foot of the bed for Meeko to use to get up and down. He is pad trained and if he needs to go in the middle of the night, he gets down, goes to do his business, and then right back up to bed. And he is NOT a morning dog, he hates to be distrubed in the mornings. Its so cute how he will scoot under the covers, thinking I can't find him.

Actually, we three go out of town alot. So having Meeko used to sleeping with us works out great for traveling. Whether its at family/friends homes or in a hotel, he comes to bed with us and pretty much stays there all night. If he has to get down, his pad is always there.

As for alpha... he and Frank both know who the Alpha is in this house. LOL Meeko is a great dog and so very smart. He is now 1 1/2 years old.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!