View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #13
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomlo View Post
I free feed but I use Proplan. I just read that it wasn't that good of a food on here though so I am checking around. This is what my breeder fed him since he was a puppy and I have continued it.

When I feed I just fill his bowl up and he lets me know when it is empty. Usually we fill it every day or everyother day. He nibbles at all hours day and night. He doesn't woof it down.

I did buy some of that soft hamburger type stuff in a package just to mix w/ his proplan every now and then for a treat. Well I found that he would pick out the proplan and spit it on the floor and just eat the hamburger stuff
If he is doing well on the ProPlan (not itching, no dry skin, no ear infections, no biting at his feet) then there is no need to change food, especially if he is eating it well. Yorkies are a VERY VERY picky breed. If you change foods, he is liable to turn his nose up at it. It is better for him to eat a slightly lower quality food and actually like it and eat it than to feed him a really high quality food and him not eat at all. And ProPlan is not bad, as long as he is not showing any signs of allergies.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!