View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie's mom View Post
An we welcome y'all, huney chil'! You forgot one, though, sweetie . Only a Southern woman can slather on sarcasm so sweetly one never knows s/he has been zapped: "Why, isn't that nice....that's just so nice" .
Yes, that should be added on too. My husband and I are both retired Navy. We have lived all over and wouldn't live any further north now than maybe southern Missouri (he still likes his Ozarks). It is not just the weather that keeps us down here in NW Florida --it is the way of life.

I tell a story of moving here and forgetting to have the water turned on in the new house. I called desparate to City Hall. They said they would get it turned on for me and welcomed me to town. I asked how long it would take (thinking hopefully in a few days). The lady said, "Well honey it'll take him a few minutes to get on out there, just hang tight." My water was turned on in 20 minutes! LOL! Then I went down to the county office to take care of business. They all knew the house I had moved into, welcomed us and gave us the history of our road. To this day (we've been here 15 years) our house is still called the Baker house (original owner), the younger one, mind you. We do love it here. The kids all say "yes sir, yes ma'am" and men still hold the door open for the ladies. It is growing way too fast and I worry our small town atmosphere will go, but I think the "southern-isms" will keep it home.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!