View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolabella View Post
My husband and I have just witnessed a concerning behavior from Mia. My husband had just returned from the grocery store with a bag, placed it on the couch and our cat was peeping inside. Suddenly Mia snapped at the cat from the ground, growled and bit his leg. She did not bite hard or anything, but this was not play behavior. She was plainly aggressive. I guess she thought there was something for her in the plastic bag.
This aggressive behavior concerns me because we are going to be bringing a new pup home soon, and I don't want Mia to become possessive and have problems. Has anyone witnessed a similar situation? How do I deal with this?
Mia is a very sweet girl, and it is scary to see her snap into an aggressive character without a warning.

How old is Mia?

Sadie (my adult) was/is a very sweet dog however she does have aggression and dominance issues. She, for no reason, will go after the cat and he is 22 LBS!!! She has no fear well, now the puppy is doing it...Sadie will also get aggressive with Lillie sometimes...especially if I am vaccuming or sweeping...I spoke with a trainer and she told me that this is something that I will probably never be able to stop...She told me that I could control it when I see it happening...I have been working with Sadie now for about 5 months and she seems to be doing better...with Lillie....not the cat. If you find a way to stop this please share!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!