View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #14
CollegeCutieUSF
Mom to Biggie & Capone
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randg111 View Post
I have it also. For both of my pups.

The good thing about it is, all their shots and getting them "fixed" is free. Also, you can take them in for doctor's visits as much as you want or need to and that is free also. There are also a few other tests or whatever you get free.

The kicker is, you get charged for any type of test or meds you get at doctor visits. And I'm sure they charge a little more for that stuff. Both my dogs got fixed, and the first one they charged me for clipping her nails, cleaning the anal glands and pain meds. I had no idea they would charge me for that stuff. I ended up paying around $80. My second dog just got fixed last week, and they wanted to charge me for the same stuff, and I told them I would trim his nails myself, his anal glands were just cleaned, and I have left over pain meds. They ended up charging me for some other meds they gave him and I had to pay $23.

Every time I take them in for a concern I have, they have to do some kind of test (with the exception of one time). I always end up spending about $60-$125. One of my babies has had a urinary tract infection, my other baby had skin problems. It costed me a fortune.

All in all, I would have paid out the butt for those issues anyway some where else also. But, the doctor visits themselves are free. I don't think I'm going to continue the plan after the first year. I'm paying all that money on top of the $40 a month for the plan. I'll have to really think about that one.
Thanks for all the info! I had called petsmart and the lady had told me without the plan, it would cost around 300 to get the teeth pulled. I'm not in a rush to get it done, so I'm gonna look into pet insurance also.

Oh, and what you're saying about them always charging you for something extra is true! My friend took her dog there and signed up for the plan and did rabies and everything, but on top of having to pay the initial sign up fee and the first month of the plan, they found an ear infection, gave her meds and a cream, and just incase he had an allergic reaction to the rabies, they pushed a benadryl shot too! She ended up paying over 60 dollars on top of what she had already paid.

I think I might only get the plan just because i do eventually want to get his teeth done, but I won't do it until he needs his shots, that way it's more worth it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!