View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #21
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak View Post
I have CKC registration papers for Jake listing him as all yorkie. I had two labs for 13 years each and decided after they both passed away to get a small dog who wouldn't shed! I was tired of vacuuming several times a day to keep up on the hair problem. Although Jake is smaller than a Lab he still gets a little heavy sitting in your lap after a while. At least he doesn't shed. He does tend to be not so nice to my youngest daughter who is seven. He growls at her if she approaches him while he has a toy or if he just doesn't want to be bothered with her. My two older daughter's don't get the same reaction from him. I've tried having my youngest be the one who gets his food and water and lets him outside. But he still isn't too nice to her.
I'm glad that you love him in spite of his size, but I would address the aggression issue, even if he were 3 pounds I would address that issue. One does not have to allow a dog to be aggressive. I would take him to obedience classes, or get the Dog Whisperers DVD.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!