View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
Safire
Addicted to Tetley
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebutterfly View Post
I know this is posted all the time, but I just need some extra reassurance and a newbie mommy. Tobie has been sleeping in his crate and goes out a couple of times during the night. About an hour before I wake up, he starts whining and I let him in bed with me which works and has been since the first full night he slept in his crate a month and a half ago. The past couple of weeks, I've "slipped" up and some nights I've fallen alseep with him on the bed and he ends up sleeping up there, or other nights, I let him up half way through the night. The "book" says NO SLEEPING in the bed. Tobie's 4months old and does well, no potty accidents up there and I know what the book says, but I feel bad keeping him in his crate, but then I feel bad because I'm not following the "rules" from the book. HELP and provide some advice. My heart says its okay, but the rules say its not, whose right? Its only me at home whereas his sister is with my dad and his fiance 2 hours away.

Thanks in advance
I do the same as you and only let Tetley up an hour or so before it's time to get up. I would let him sleep with me but I'm not sure I'd wake up if he needed to get down to pee (he's pee pad trained) because his only way of letting me know he wants down is to stare off the side of the bed. If you're sure he won't mess the bed, I'd say it's fine.
Safire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!