Thread: Limping?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 06:24 AM   #7
yorkiemalt
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyismybabyboy View Post
I have an appointment for tomorrow morning, it's been going on for about a month now so i don't believe that it is a sprain. my aunt had a yorkie and she said that it really looks like he has LP. I am so upset, i wanted to do amateur agility with him, but now I don't know. I read that Chan, Yorkiemalt's maltese, was just playing when his knee went from a 3 to a 4 and because i have two furkids now, i am so scared it is going to get worse because they play so hard.
my baby loves to run and jump, it is his who he is
i hope he is ok, we'll see tomorrow

if anyone who has a pup diagnosed with LP could tell me what they do at the vet and the symptoms they experienced could let me know if they experienced something similar, please post!

I hope everything goes well at the Vet this morning.....

They can manipulate the leg and get a good idea of what's going on and if it is LP they can grade it for you.

X-rays are a must and are done under sedation. So unless they told you not to feed him before today they'll probably make another appointment for them.

Chan never showed any symptoms at all. Phoebi would occasionally have a "hop and a skip".....still not enough for surgery. That is until the dog attacked her in December.
yorkiemalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!