View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak View Post
All of my children have never mistreated Jake. We had labs before we got Jake so they have always known how to treat animals. Thanks for the idea of consulting a trainer. We did take Jake through basic obedience class, but I think for my peace of mind we need additional in-house help.
I recently got help from a behaviorist to help me with an aggression issue I had between dogs. My 2-year-old would beat up my 11-year-old over toys. Her suggestion was for me to take control of the toys. She had me leash my aggressor during toy time and then supervise play time. When play time was over, maybe 30 minutes, I was to put the toys away. The idea was to show that they were my toys, not the aggressor's toys.

I was very skeptical, but after two weeks I'm a believer. The beatings have stopped. This may have nothing to do with your situation, but maybe something similar will help.

Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!