View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #27
Debr
Senior Yorkie Talker

with the 3 above articles it should assist you in getting things going forward. If need more or specific exercises to do let me know.

All my dogs, (except zak who was a rescue at approx 6mos old) were taught I give them their food, I can take it at will-from their mouths should I feel like it. They also learned I give them toys and I will take them when I want to or I will play when I want to. If I tell them sit and leave it- they will sit and stare at their food until I say ok. If they have a steak and I say drop it, they drop it. Zoie & Joker came to me at 8 weeks, feeding was done on schedule and I would put my hand into their food when they ate. I would take a piece of food out of their mouths, then let them have it. I do not give bones-raw hide, nyla's nothing. Bones cause good dogs to argue, bones are like going to a chocoholic meeting and placing 1 candy bar on the table-watch how many fight for it.Since I have multiple dog home I feel it is asking for trouble. Dixie does have a nyla bone which she gets only in her crate and she is all alone with it. I only allow her to have it for teething and once her adult teeth are in she will no longer have it.

the NILIF aka nothing in life is free program really works great. Your dog learns to respect you as their provider/care taker and helps establish you as alpha.
Debr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!