View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #12
LC598
Senior Yorkie Talker

Alfie was sick again this morning so called the vet. They squeezed him in this morning and did blood tests and an xray. The blood was fine but the xray showed that he has a build up of gas which is blocking the intestines. He was given an injection, i assume to release the gas, and has to go back this evening for a check up and another shot also possibly another x ray. Just after making the appointment he pooped and it was liquid and completely red with blood. It scared the hell out of me.

He's not allowed to eat anything today and I have to give him small amounts of water every hour. Poor little guy. He is still very perky considering....

When Alfie eats he blows up like a balloon. I spoke to my usual vet a month ago and he suggested feeding 4 small meals a day. I am doing this but he still sometimes blows up. I wonder if this is an ongoing problem which has suddenly got worse? I saw my normal vets colleague today who doesn't speak english so my other half is coming with me tonight to explain this. I didn't know how to myself.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for all the kind words.
LC598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!