View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
SBeckett668
YT Addict

Default Introducing Calliope Belle!

Friday night we drove 4 hours to Louisville, KY. On Saturday morning, we drove another hour and a bit to Dee's Lil Yorkies to pick up our newest addition - Miss Calliope.

I have to say - Dee has an awesome bunch of Yorkie's. They were all so happy to see us and took turns coming over to say "Hi! Give me kisses!"

Calliope was the smallest of the 3 puppies there so I could easily watch her playing with the other Yorkies.

I even got to see Dee's new litter - watch out ladies - they are going to be heart breakers!!!

While we were talking, one of the puppies snatched the envelope with the $ in it and took off running Too cute!

When it was time to go, Dee held Kandy and I held Calliope and we let them say goodbye. Neither one of us were prepared for what happened next.

Kandy licked Cali's little face and Calie licked Kandy. Then they both got big tears in their eyes! Dee and I looked at each other and then we both turned on the water works!! So we gave each other a big hug while still holding the dogs. It was as if they knew what was coming!

My husband looked out the window and saw that the snow was coming down pretty good by then. So we decided we better get back on the road before we couldn't get home.

Calliope crawled up behind my neck and slept there most of the way home. She was such a good girl. Not a peep out of her! We stopped for a potty break along the way but she was not having any part of the snow! So I took her in the bathroom with me and figured maybe she'd go in there. No dice! Little peanut held it all the way home and waited for me to put the pee pad down then she went right away! "Ahhhhhhhhhhh...thank you Mama!"

Yesterday was a little tedious with the introduction of Calliope to her big brother, Braxton. Braxton growled at her at first, so we scolded him. She started shaking like a leaf after that! We put her inside her kennel and closed the door so she could eat in peace. Braxton was outside watching her and whining. She looked over and growled this little, teeny high pitched growl then barked! Boy! Braxton took note of that! He won't get within 12 inches of her for any length of time now! LOL

She whimpered a little when we put her in her carrier at the end of the bed but after maybe a minute she went to sleep. Just too much action for the day! She woke up dry and did her business on the pee pad again. I think she's pee pad trained! So far (knock on wood) no accidents!!

Anyway - I'm sure you wanna see some photos now!!!

I'll upload some new ones here in a little bit.

Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Calliope Belle!-castle.jpg   Introducing Calliope Belle!-shoulder.jpg   Introducing Calliope Belle!-sleepy-girl.jpg   Introducing Calliope Belle!-sweater.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!