Thread: Potty Training
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
I know there are other threads about this, but alot have to do with certain situations, ( as does this one) so still new to the forums and forgive me if this is a repeat, ( still learning the way of the community)

Ok so I use a crate to train Valentino ( 11 weeks old ) and as soon as he wakes up ( he sleeps thru the night ) he cries and i take hime right out, he goes pee right away then wants to come in and i figure " hey he's done he'll poop after breakfast" but as soon as he comes in he poops. So I wait longer the next day and nothing, poops again inside, and I am continuing this trend and its a no go , he poops inside! How do i break this cycle. Its only in the morning the rest of the day he's good, ( not perfect ) but good. Any suggestions?

Also question #2 when they say marks a territory is that when he pee's just a little bit in different spots around the house? Is 11 weeks early for signs of that?

Thank you so much in advance!
Put him right back in his crate when he comes inside. As in - PICK HIM UP the second he walks through the door and put him in his crate. You can feed him in there too if you want. Then wait 5-10 minutes and go RIGHT back outside (pick him up if you have to) and wait for him to go. Repeat if you have to. You just need to break the cycle!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!